Monday, February 23, 2009

This Is My Story, And I'm Sticking With It.

CUTTING EDGE BUSINESS WITH CUTTING EDGE PRODUCTS

I knew I was different all of my life. Nobody could tell me what to do, or how to do it. Not my parents, my teachers, my bosses, and especially not my brother or sisters. I knew if I were a bird, I would stay south, while the others flew north. If I were a fish, I would swim upstream, while the others would swim downstream. That might be the main reason I have to work on my own, and never, ever again work for someone else. Do you understand this? I thought you would. Those of us that have a desire to own a business, and make incredible incomes in the face of high adversity, can only understand each other. This industry is not for those weak in the knees, or faint of heart. This industry is for those of us who know no boundries, or limits to succeed and achieve our goals we set for ourselves.

Approximately 10 years ago, I answered an ad that said I could make $5,000-$20,000 per month working from home. That ad was for a nutritional marketing company that I am still with. I do not promote the company, even though I love the products, and get great results from them. I just don't like the company's marketing plan, and commission payout. However, I learned a lot from my sponsor in that company, and I was completely sucked into the idea that I will make $5,000 or more per month. I spent tons of money marketing the idea to others, getting distributors, and building a foundation for a business I thought could last for years and years. Unfortunately, marketing this way was too expensive for my distributors, they eventually quit, and I was left with no business in the end. This was a tough lesson to learn. I went into debt for a while, with no business, no extra income, and back where I started. I still believed in the products, but the marketing plan just plain sucked. If you can't believe in both, you can't build a business.

A few years passed, and I decided to try again. This time, I learned from my past adversity and only took on smaller affiliate type programs and used free marketing strategies to try and build them. I made a few dollars here and there, but never enough to even think about quiting my job. But, as time went on, I learned more about this business, by jumping from business to business. I always blamed the business for my lack of success. There must be ONE company out there that is the magic bullet to take me to the top of this industry. But, I never found it.

Finally, I found something that made sense. It wasn't any one single business, but a concept of attraction marketing that led me to my current business and the rest is history! I currently work at home, make my own hours and live my own life. No more 9-5, grumpy co-workers, lousy bosses and answering to someone else. Sometimes we have to go completely out of our way before we realize where we are actually headed. That was certainly the case for me, and I'm sure many of you. But the best part of it all, is the final destination. Only when you get to your destination do you realize, the journey was an important lesson for you to take. The journey lets you enjoy your final location, so you never lose your direction again.

William Drapcho
http://ProfitpalsForLife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment